Re: hemoglobin and iron in the aquarium

Sorry but I disagree with the conclusions of your calculations.  The amount
of iron added on a daily or weekly basis to a moderately planted aquarium
could not possibly amount to a great deal more than what is added on a daily
basis with thawed blood worms, especially when one meal of every day
consists of bloodworms only.

I have stopped adding iron, but not potassium, to most of my tanks precisely
because I can see that the amount of iron getting into the water column from
the feeding of frozen blood worms is more than sufficient for healthy plant
growth (for plants that are water column feeders).  Even so, in order to
prevent hair algae overgrowth I have to do twice weekly water changes.

Tanks where the fish live on flakes and brine shrimp do not develop hair
algae even with the addition of some iron-based fertilizers.

Instead of making all sorts of calculations based on chemical weights, why
not try it out and see for yourself?  As I noted in my posting, this was not
a quantitative experiment in the strictest sense of the word.  However,
there are people who are confounded by the fact that they have hair algae
growth in their tanks and don't know what they could do to alter the
situation.  I am suggesting that they refrain from feeding the fish frozen
bloodworms for a period of a month or more and assess.  If the hair algae
growth subsides, or disappears entirely, then whatever is in the bloodworm
'juice' +AF8-may+AF8- in all likelihood be responsible.

G. Kadar