Re: plant selection

>Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:09:40 -0500
>From: Larry Jones <ljjones at students_wisc.edu>
>
>I have a 90gal tank. What plants are suitable for the back of the
>aquarium.
>
>Also, I think aquaria in plant books and on the various web sights
>must be short, less than 18 inches. I would appreciate any advice on
>planting specific for Taller tanks. Specifically keeping lower leaves
>on stem plants in the mid-ground ( about 10-18 inches tall) and
>maintaining tight groups. And getting foreground plants to grow. I
>think those first 4 inches from the front pane is light deficient.
>And so you know I have 4 110W  bulbs for light.

I have just been updating my website and have just what you want. All our
tanks are 20-24" tall. Check out the "Plant Characteristics" page for hints
on plant selection and the "Aquascping" page to see what can be done.

George Booth, Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
  Major changes have been uploaded! More to come! WOW!
    http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts/