plant selection

I have a 90gal tank. What plants are suitable for the back of the
aquarium. The height is 21 inches (54 cm)
Also the back four inches from the back wall and from the top is an
area with lower light levels. I have tried various stem plants in the
past (H. polysperma) but I have problems with the plants growing
toward the middle and the brighter light levels. I have V. gigantea
and V. spiralis in a back corner and was thinking of moving these
plants toward the back-center. However as you may guess I already
have a "problem" with the V. gigantea  growing from the left side all
the way to the right (48 inches). So I am looking for plants that
will 1.) grow straight up and not crowd my shorter more showy and
light hungry plants in the mid and foreground. 2.) Not throw off
adventitious shoots that snake through-out ( I hate Limnophila
aquatica ).  3.) I don't want an entire 48" of Vallisneria.

Also, I think aquaria in plant books and on the various web sights
must be short, less than 18 inches. I would appreciate any advice on
planting specific for Taller tanks. Specifically keeping lower leaves
on stem plants in the mid-ground ( about 10-18 inches tall) and
maintaining tight groups. And getting foreground plants to grow. I
think those first 4 inches from the front pane is light deficient.
And so you know I have 4 110W  bulbs for light.

Thanks I have been lurking here since my undergrad years circa 1994 :)

Larry Jones
Medical Student