Flourite substrate

 Moishe Wasserman wrote:
>Subject: RE: flourite

>I just thought it would be better to cover up the flourite so the
>minerals did'nt get mixed with the water column.  So you say this is not
>a concern?

Flourite is a substrate... not an additive. It doesn't need to be mixed
with anything or covered up. It does not "add" things to the water.

I have a 33 gallon with a pure Flourite substrate. It looks very nice and
the plants grow very strong fine roots in it. It has worked very well for
me. The only reason to mix it that I can think of would be to save money...
assuming that whatever you mix it with is cheaper than Flourite.

Olga
in Vancouver where it is raining and grey <sigh>