Re: Removal of melting Crypt leaves

At 03:28 AM 6/22/99 -0700, Steve Pushak wrote:
>I have set-up a brand new aquarium with primarily C griffithii and C
>pontederiifolia. Most of the C griffithii leaves and many of the C
>pontederiifolia are melting. Should these leaves be removed to prevent
>excess nutrients leaching to the water or do the plants use them to
>recycle some nutrients for growth?

I've founf changing the water helps a bit. It doesn't seem to
make much difference if you remove dying leaves or not, but
it does seem to make a difference if you remove dead remnants
as soon as possible.

--
Richard J. Sexton                                         richard at aquaria_net
Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada, K0K 1Y0       +1 (613) 473 1719