MTS and carpet plants

With all of this talk about MTS, I'm wondering if I'm missing out.
Heck, even George Booth has them and I thought I had him pegged as a
non-snail person.  I have Glossostigma growing in my tank now, and I was
wondering if anyone has MTS and a thick carpet planting in their tanks
and how do the snails do with this.  Do they dig up the plants?  I've
learned here that they eat detrius, which is great as I have made the
"mistake" of getting a pleco some weeks ago.  I'm learning what a "poop
machine" they are.  Not fun.

If anyone has input...

--

Kelly Beard, Cat IV (on sabbatical)