Re: Algae control

George Booth writes:

> Farlowella acus do an excellent job of algae control and, contrary to
>  popular belief, are not "difficult" if they have algae to eat.

Be careful when selecting this fish.  It comes from fast-moving streams and
is not tolerant of low-oxygen conditions.  I also have never been able to
keep it above 80F. which may the point at which even a well-areated tank can
not hold sufficient O2 for the fish's needs.

But they are neat, and can even be spawned with lttle attention or effort.

Bob Dixon