Re: 5 lbs CO2 gone

 >Definitely not a 100 percent efficient reactor, but is it the sole reason
 >for early depletion?

 >How about those spray bars, big CO2 wasters?

It seems to me that, while your filter and reactor might be reducing the
amount of CO2 dissolved in the aquarium, they can't be increasing the
amount coming from the CO2 cylinder.

I would guess that, in order to compensate for that CO2 loss, you have the
valve set at a higher-than-normal flow rate. Or maybe there's a leak
somewhere, or your needle valve is unreliable, or the CO2 vented into the
room through a pressure-release valve... or maybe that CO2 cylinder wasn't
as close to full as you thought.

--
michael moncur   mgm at starlingtech_com   http://www.starlingtech.com/
"Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it."