[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Methods to ship Malasian Trumpet Snails?
- To: Aquatic-Plants at actwin_com
- Subject: RE: Methods to ship Malasian Trumpet Snails?
- From: Paul Secinaro <pauls at shore_net>
- Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
- In-Reply-To: <199906160748.DAA25743 at acme_actwin.com> from Aquatic Plants Digest at "Jun 16, 99 03:48:02 am"
> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 15:48:56 -0700
> From: "David Robinson" <robinson at ichips_intel.com>
> Subject: Methods to ship Malasian Trumpet Snails?
> Have any of you successfully shipped Malayan Trumpet
> Snails through std US mail. What methods did you use?
> (Packaging, numbers of snails, how much water, etc.)
> David Robinson
I mail-ordered around 40 MTS from www.azgardens.com last year. When I
received them they were simply rolled up in some damp newspaper with a
small sprig of water sprite and a plastic bag around the paper to keep it
moist. They looked dead but many if not most of them came back to life
after I put them in my tank. As a side benefit, I now have a huge c.
thalictroides growing in my tank as well :). They came US mail, and the
package was even held up for a few days due to some bad snowstorms in my
area. So I'd say they're pretty hardy! I don't think they're overly fond
of CO2 injection, though. It really eats away their shells and makes them
white and chalky.