Re: "swinging" through the aquarium...

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, James Purchase wrote:

> Dave wrote, regarding wiring of a set of slave flashes:
>
> > Then a mirror can be used to direct the on-camera
> > flash towards the ceiling.
>
> Mmmm, let's see how this would work - two hands to hold the camera and
> adjust the focus on the lens, a third to hold the mirror in front of the
> flash..., mmm, but I've only _got_ two hands...

silly!  Just construct the mirror out of reflective mylar, and tape it to
the camera with scotch tape or velcro.  One guy I know on the Apisto list
actually attaches the remote sensor to his digital camera's flash, thus
getting a sort of "non-electrical hot shoe".

[Now if I could only figure out how to make a LANC-to-flash interface so I
don't have to shell $150 for the stupid Sony flash for my DV camera...
which would be a glorified slave sync as well.]

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com