<no subject>

Hi all,

Thanks for your informative responses. Actually, by "African," I meant from
_all over_ Africa. I too am a bit puzzled by the fact that the few aquarium
plants from Africa that we see in the US are apparently all from 3-4 West
African countries. Apart from the Rift Lakes, there is lots of fresh water
in East, North and South Africa, and presumably lots of plants too.

I have no experience with Ammnia spp. or Nesaea pedicellata, but I have seen
them for sale on the web and will check them out. Hydrotriche hottonifolia I
have never seen or even heard of till yesterday. A quick search of the web
found only one reference to it, on the site of a Czech breeding and
exporting firm, Petra-Aqua. Any suggestions as to where I might be able to
find this in the US?

I didn't think Aponetogens came from continental Africa (Madagascar doesn't
count!). Likewise, I thought Criniums were Asian plants. Am I wrong?

Cheers,
Dinyar