Amano, snails, A. thomasi, and bad prints

Among other things, Amano claims that Anomalochromis
thomasi is a great snail eradicater. I had several in a
30 gallon for a few months. There were hundreds of MTS
in the tank when the fish were finally removed. Maybe
they are selective and only eat Japanese snails.

I also wonder how Amano avoids BBA when the Yamato shrimp
are supposedly reluctant to eat it.

Recently I bought Books II and III of Nature Aquarium
World. The artistry was great, but some of the prints
were terrible. Was it just a bad printing run? It got
me thinking. How true to life are the colours reproduced?
To what extent does he enhance and alter things during
film development?

--
Dave Whittaker
Gloucester, Ontario