Medication, Camallanus spp.

Morten Karlsen <> wrote: <<<<
Subject: Medication, Camallanus spp.
I've been recommended these two treatments:
Flubendazol (Flubenol, Flumoxal, Flumoxane) is based on Thiabendazole,
or
Levamisol (Concurat L)

Neither is available in Norway, ideas??>>>>>>

Piperazine is an older medication also reportedly effective
on some nematode infections.
Paracide is a non-antibiotic medication reported as effective
over a wide spectrum of intestinal pathoges, but for which there
is no documentation on the actual mechanism of action and
spectrum.  See some details at:
http://www.fishyfarmacy.com/
It is available in some European countries (Germany, for example).
I used it in bare tanks with several philodendron roots with no
visible effect on the plants (growing emerged).
Good luck

Dionigi Maladorno
dionigi.maladorno at roche_com
This message presents personal opinions which are not necessarily those
of my employer.