Re: Breeding Yamato Shrimp

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Justin Collins wrote:

> Can't help you with the German, but a member of the Greater Seattle Aquarium
> Society (Heather Calandria) recently managed to breed the Yamato.  The
> articles it written up in are in the club newsletter, so they could be
> posted at www.gsas.org, under the articles section.  If not I'll see if I
> can get you the info.

This past season's articles aren't up there yet; expect 'em sometime
during the summer break once we're not having to put out a newsletter or
entertain the likes of Wayne Leibel for 3 months. (plug plug, next
Tuesday, plug plug, TFH columnist and great guy, plug plug) :)

I showed Heather the German URL yesterday, and she ran it through a
translator (with not so good results). From what little info she could
gather, the German guy did virtually the same thing she had (right down
the the salinity parameters)! One note, just as the German guy, she hasn't
actually bred them; she's managed to pick up egg-laden females and raised
the young to adulthood.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson