Re: dying neons

>Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 15:20:12 EDT
>From: LeeDomain at aol_com
>Subject: Re: OT: Neons dying

>2. Neons are still being caught wild. The shipping and fish stores stress
>them out: so some will die no matter how much you try to make a good home for

>them, which is unfortunate.

>If anything I have written isn't true, please respond. I would like to know
>and would be happy to be critized. Oops! Hope that wasn't an invitation.

Hello,

Neons are not being wild caught anymore. If they were, there would be no such
problems. The problem is that they are all breeded in SA asia and the fish
farms pay little attention to the quality. They are weak because of the
inbreeding. You might be confusing them with cardinals, who are still mostly
wild caught because they can't breed them without fading colors on such large
scale.

Best regards,

Hugo Hoekstra