[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Lights of America "Ballast"

Augustine writes:

> They used a small device, about the size of a small power diode,
>  that was called a SIDAC. It is a thyristor that produces a high voltage
>  spike after a certain trigger voltage is reached. My guess is that they are
>  using a similar device today.

So explain a little more about this SIDAC thing, please.  Is it hard on the 
bulbs, or will it be okay with our expensive fancy flourescent tubes?  And is 
part of the mechanism built into the endcaps, or can we rip out the Sidac and 
install a good ballast?

Bob Dixon