RE: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1071

	Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 09:37:25 -0700
	From: sae at arts_ubc.ca (Olga Betts)
	Subject: Re: Angry Tech junkies

	Scott wrote:
	>Subject: Re: Angry Tech junkies
	>
	>I just love fanatcism! It always makes for lively debate :-)
Try not to
	>get bent
	>out of shape though. As for ridiculous expense, as far as my
wife goes any
	>money
	>I spend on a fish tank is reidiculous! <big snip>
	>it. I'm careful though, so maybe that is why. Feel free to keep
flaming, but
	>I feel bad that you are getting angry. We can all get along and
I even use your
	>high-tech theories occasionally in my own low tech way.

	Woah! Scott... no one was angry and I didn't see a single flame.
I don't
	see how you could read that into the replies that were made.
Folks were
	just pointing out that though a pressurized system "seems"
expensive it
	really isn't and is worth the money. No one minds that you want
to use or
	enjoy a DIY system. I use both and sure wish I had more
pressurized systems
	for all the reasons mentioned. I never understand why folks
think a
	one-time expense for something really useful is "expensive".
Even if it
	costs $500, once you own it, it's yours for many, many years and
will give
	you those years of use and enjoyment. As for spouses that attack
	expenditures on plant/fish equipment... well... I think they
should be damn
	glad their spouse has such a nice, benign hobby... After all you
could be
	out playing poker, or shooting pool, or spending money at the
race track.
	(Not that there is anything wrong with *any* of those things.
Live and let
	live, I say.) He/she should be *very happy* that you are home
with him/her
	messing with your tanks.

	Olga in Vancouver
	with a spouse who "likes" my hobby, and a job that doesn't pay
big bucks
	(but I'd still buy another CO2 system... if only I had room to
set it up.)

 	Scott may have over stated his position, but aren't you the one
who ask me if I was "joking" about using kitten litter.  I have seen
emails here that are rude if not flames.

Kim

P.S. My kitty litter tank is doing great.  I got a use tank (55 Gal),
lights, filter, CO2 and etc for less than $50.  I could have spent $ 500
on it but then I couldn't  take my daughter too Disneyland.  I will keep
my CO2 DIY, kitty litter and shop lights.