Re: Please help--NEONS dropping like flies!

The rule of thumb for tropicals is 1inch of fish per gallon isn't it? You
added 70in all at once to a 60g? That must've been quite a shock to a
biofilter established to handle 3 discus, 2 false SAE, and 6 shrimps. I
suspect that even if you added these neon a few at a time you'll have
problems with that stocking level.

How big are those discus anyway?

Also, how do you figure that a water change will do more harm than good when
you don't know what your current parameters are? Whether your water is soft
or hard, high or low pH, I think that changing 10g (out of 60) shouldn't
upset things too much.

Shannon

>From: T Tran <zzttzz at hotmail_com>

>Recently (5 days ago), I bought about 70 "jumbo" neons tetras form
PetsMart.