Neons dropping like flies

Well, you just added 70 neons to a tank that previously only had 5
fish.  You probably had a relatively small colony of nitrifying
bacteria. Now they have to handle 14X the fish load. It's going to take
them a while to adjust. I think the Amquel will help if its an ammonia
problem. Remember, gradually increase your fish population.

You also said you can't afford to buy more water. You aren't using pure
distilled water are you? That's not a good idea.

I'd try to keep fish that will live in your local water if you must buy
water and that cost prevents you from doing water changes...
I've kept neons in hard water, by the way.