Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #1067

>From: amelia e ricks <sparkit at juno_com>
>Subject: kuhlie loaches
>
>My lfs recently suggested kuhlie loaches to me for my 65 gal planted
>guppy tank as a good way to mix up the gravel.  Has anyone had experience
>with them in a heavily planted tank?  Will they eat my snails & shrimp
>like the other loaches?  Any experience/expertise would be greatly
>appreciated.

Amelia,

I have a few Kuhlie loaches in my 75-gal planted tank.  They are mostly out
of sight, and I only see them when I lift up the rocks, and occasionally in the
evening, when the lights are dimmed.  I don't think they will eat snails or
shrimp.
They are neither aggressive nor large enough.

Hoa

Hoa G. Nguyen
Freshwater Planted Aquarium:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/