re: kuhlie loaches

	------------------------------

	Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 13:34:45 EDT
	From: amelia e ricks <sparkit at juno_com>
	Subject: kuhlie loaches

	My lfs recently suggested kuhlie loaches to me for my 65 gal
planted
	guppy tank as a good way to mix up the gravel.  Has anyone had
experience
	with them in a heavily planted tank?  Will they eat my snails &
shrimp
	like the other loaches?  Any experience/expertise would be
greatly
	appreciated.
	Amelia
	'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.--Alfred, Lord Tennyson

	I have 4 in 2 55gal tanks.  I have not seen them mix up the
gravel.  They have not eaten any of my snails or shrimp.  I like them,
but I don't think they will do anything you are considering.