Bleach treatment on Glossostigma

Greetings !
I have a bunch of Glossostigma sitting on the top of one of my son's tanks
that is infested with thread algae.  The kind that is long thin-hair like
strands, dark green and unattached.  I think it is because he feeds this
tank too much or over-fertilizes/too much iron.

Well any way I was considering dipping this in the 19:1 bleach solution(Paul
Krombholz method).  Anybody do this to Glossostigma before?  How long? Did
it survive?  Was there a long miserable recovery etc..

Thanks for your input in advance!

Tom Brennan
brennans.....at.....ix....dot....netcom.......com