Moving tank

>From: "Shannon Wheeler" <swheeler at tnc_com>
>Subject: re: Moving a 20 gallon Tank

I moved two 20 gallon tanks about 8 years ago. I took the water out except
for about 4 inches... left all fish and plants in. Put them in the car...
drove a couple of miles and carried them into the new house. Added new
water, conditioning it as usual. No problems with tanks, plants or fish.
Now I would probably be more paranoid and put the tanks on a piece of
plywood to move them. But I wouldn't bother breaking down a 20 gallon to
move it. Drive slowly and carefully coming to smooth gentle stops. Just my
opinion. BTW, make sure your heater is off for awhile before lowering the
water level.

Olga
in Vancouver