Moving a 20 gallon Tank

Dear APD people,

Does anyone out there have any advice on moving a planted 20 gallon tank?  The
tank's never look better, and I'd hate to tear it down if I don't have to.
I'm considering draining the water down to about 2-3 inches above the gravel
line then lifting the tank onto a double thickness plywood board.  The move is
only 2 miles up the road and shouldn't involve more than about 45 minutes of
down time.

Am I courting disaster here?  Am I risking structural damage to the tank?

I've consulted the moving articles on the Krib.  Any additional experience is
greatly appreciated.

William Cwirla
Hacienda Heights