re: Subject: DIY CO2 diffuser

In a message dated 5/26/1999 3:25:36 AM Central Daylight Time,

<< From: "Joe Anderson" <the_submariner at hotmail_com>

 I just checked the Kh-CO2-pH relationship chart at the KRIB and confirmed my
 sneaking suspicion that Im not getting enough CO2 into my tank >>

Going through your note I found one big point that you are using a yeast
reactor.  Well, my experience with a 90 gallon tanks is this.  My none-CO2
water with a RO water mix was 5.5 dKH and 8.4pH.  Plants grew very poorly,
with a yeast reactor the best I could get was 7.8 pH with only slight
improvement
in my plants.  Finally when I added bottled CO2 24 hours a day I got the
pH down to 7.5 when the lights go out in the evening and 7.2 when they
first come on the morning.  I tried shutting off the CO2 at night and fund
during the night it swings upward to nearly 8.0.  I think you need a system
that will allow you a greater flow rate.  However the Yeast reactor is
defiantly
better than nothing at all.

Dennis