Bacopa Caroliniana

All of the plants in my 100 gallon plant tank are growing very well except
for the Bacopa caroliniana.  This is the first time I have grown it and had
thought that it would grow much more rapidly.  The plant bubbles nicely
during the day and the stems grow about 1/2 inch per week.  The leaves that
receive the most light have turned a dark reddish brown which makes me wonder
if the plant is receiving too much light.  The Bacopa is directly under one
of the two 150 watt HQI metal halide bulbs which are suspended 12 inches
above the tank.  The tank is 18 inches deep with 3-4 inches of substrate.
The group of Bacopa monnieri that is right next to the B. caroliniana is
growing real fast - 3 to 4 inches a week.

Does anyone have any experience with Bacopa caroliniana in high light (3-4
watts per gallon) environments.  I would appreciate hearing your experiences.

pH = 6.9
Alkalinity = 3.3 degrees
Total Hardness = 5 degrees
Iron administered via PMDD = .1ppm
NO3 = 5 ppm
CO2 = 10 ppm
No sunlight.  Lights on 10 hours per day.

Thanks

Roger Gordon
San Diego, California