Night Aeration

Greetings!

I would like to know if this sounds reasonable to the pros. I have an
Eheim CO2 kit, high pressure, with cylinder. I do not want to use a
solenoid and pH controller. If I was to run the COO continuously night
and day, I assume I would poison my fish as a result of too much CO2
during the non-photosynthetic night hours. However, I am planning on
having an airstone on a timer with my lights so that when the lights go
out, the airstone comes on. In theory, this should oxygenate the water
sufficiently overnight to counteract the excessive CO2. When the lights
switch back on in the A.M., the airstone would switch off. Does this
seem adequate? I haven't yet set up my new tank with this configuration,
as I am waiting for my filter to arrive. I will also have a small
powerhead mildly circulating water at the substrate level. I'd
appreciate all comments/suggestions from anyone. Is anybody doing this
now?

Regards,

Morgan Gerk
Milwaukee, WI