Cheap & easy solution to the "surface scum" problem.

I think I may have stumbled on the solution. We know surface agetation rids
tanks of this material; along with our beloved CO2. Also, the mess tends to
return in under 24 hrs.  Could we not set an air stone to an automatic
timer to switch on for one hour just before our lights activate in the
morning?  Since plants MOSTLY use O2 at night, the loss of dissolved CO2
and the concomitant increase in O2 may even be beneficial. At least we stop
the scum from blocking light during the light cycle without losing CO2 when
the plants need it.  I invite comment from the "list-lords" on or off list,
to flush out any flaws in my reasoning.

~David Boukmn.