Re: Rootone

Hello David,

1-Naphthaleneacetamide is the rooting agent, Thiram is a fungicide. It
is added, so that the plant will have time to root, before fungi get it!
One of these "inert ingredients" used to be sharp quartz sand, to abrade
the outer "skin", to let the rooting agent at the tissue, to do its job.

If I were experimenting rooting aquatic plants with Rootone, I would try
it in emersed culture: Root them in a pot, as one would a terrestrial
plant. After a day or two, place the pot in a saucer of water, so the
soil does not dry out. Plant a dozen cuttings and several might survive!
(The success rate with terrestrial plants is NOT 100% either!)

Best

George