Invertebrates

Hello list. I have been reading the list for a while, and while I occasionally
see a post about shrimp or snals, I have not seen much talk of invertebrates.
I was wondering if anyone had tried any experiments with adding various invertebrates
to their plant tanks. For instance, could maintain a culture of daphnia in a
heavily planted tank with few fish? I was also wondering about protozoans, would
something like peranema (sp?) make an impact? I got the idea from browsing the
Carolina Biological Supply catalog. Also, I searched the archives and found
mention of a snail FAQ, can anyone point me to that?

Thanks,
Scott McLaughlin
Aye Net WebMail
http://www.aye.net/getmail