Re: Water analysis (was APD V3 #985

Hello Alice,

I had this feeling of something being wrong with this analysis, but
could not put my finger on it. All of a sudden it became clear:

If one has 19.0 mg/L calcium and 1.2 mg/L magnesium in the water, the
total hardness of the water CAN NOT be 16 mg/L!!!! Just the calcium
content of 19.0 mg/L would give a 47.5 ppm (mg/L) water hardness.

What you have here is a slightly fake (or incompetent) water analysis!

Best,

George