RE: Leeches

I just found the article on preventing leeches from coming in on new plants.
It is on page 6 of the newest (June 1999) Aquarium Fish magazine and the
correct method is 2 tablespoons of salt in 1 gallon of water, soak the
plants for 1 hour. They also state this will work for rocks and other
ornaments although I would imagine that you would want to at least boil and
rocks first and I would imagine that  would take care of any foreign
critters! Sorry about the first inaccurate post!
HTH,
Bob Buettner
Visit my new Freshwater Aquarium site
http://w3.nai.net/~luna/Fishpics/Fishpicstn.html
And my ever expanding useful links page:
http://w3.nai.net/~luna/Fishpics/Fishlinks.html