Re: Automatic fish feeders

In a message dated 4/20/99 4:09:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,

> From: Kelly <apples at midohio_net>
>  Subject: automatic fish feeders
>
>  Hi all,
>
>  I know this isn't a plant question, but hope someone can help.  I need
>  to get an automatic fish feeder and wish to know what one is the best to
>  get, most reliable, and doesn't cost a lot :)
>
>  Thanks,
>  - --
>  Kelly
>  mailto:apples at midohio_net
>  ICQ#25392618

Kelly

IMHO a reliable auto- feeder does not exist. I keep almost 50 tanks going
with an assortment of killies, cichlids and about 50 jars of bettas. I have
never seen one in my 40 years of keeping fish that would not eventually get
jammed up with food. The flakes or pellets get moist and then do not dispense
evenly if at all after a week or so.
Also not costing alot is pretty subjective but the cheap ones (less than $35)
aren't worth the trouble. If you are going to be gone a week or less I would
not worry about the fish. They will survive. However if you have fry then
thats another story all together. The auto- feeders will almost all get
gunked up after 2 weeks so if you must use one then good luck. Thats as long
as I have ever had one work reliably.

Jim Eller je3 at aol_com  or  jeller at ford_com
Join the Killie Trader mailing list.
http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/killietrader
Buy/Sell/Trade killies!