New tank question

I'm setting a  55 gal tank up with 110 watt of light, Kitty litter and
gravel substrate.  A week ago I moved a filter and 5 five swordtails
into.  Yesterday I test the water and the amnoina was off the chart.
I'm going to get an order of plants today.

Should I move a cycled filter (Powerhead+sponge) into the new tank?
Should I do a massive water change.  How much?
Should I add plant and let the it cycle with the swordtails???  Should I
add some algae eater??