Hydrophylia has holes in leaves

I am new to this digest so please excuse my ignorance.

In my 55 gal tank I have four types of Hygrophilia. The first is my favorite
Hygrophila Polysperma 'Rosannervig". There is also a large bunch of plain
polyspermia. Both of the above mentioned seem to be growing fine, they have
to be trimmed once every two to three weeks. The problem is that the older
leaves seem to get pin size holes on the older leaves. These hole increase in
size and numbers graduality till they are pencil lead size (7 mm), at this
time the leaf dies and falls off. Can anyone tell me why these leaves get
holes?

The last two types of Hygro I have are Corymbosa and one that has a red stem
and is very similiar in size and shape to Corymbosa. Neither of these seem to
being growing, could they be land plants and not suited for the aquarium. How
can I know if these are aquatic plants as the LFS sold them.

Other info:
four each 34 watt bulbs
DIY co2
many fish
flourite substrate system
once a week 25ml of Kent Freshwater plant micronutrient supplement with iron
All other plants seem to be doing fine (Cabomba caroliniana, Cryptocoryne
crispatula, Cryptocoryne wendtii, Echinodorus osiris (rubra), Echinodorus
martii, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Ludwigia and others.

Thanks for your help,
RAY