Re: water changes and gases etc.

When I do a water change I first fill 18 gallon muck buckets with water at
the right temperature from the faucet in the bath tub. (end up with two
buckets in the tub at one time.)  I add dechlorinator and let it all sit for
about half an hour or an hour.  I get a lot of fizzing at the surface
initially - probably the dechlorinator.  After this the water becomes
totally clear.  Then I use a Python with a Rio 2500 pump attached to it to
pump the water into the tank.  I hold the large bore "gravel vac" vertically
about 1/3 of the way into the tank water and this creates a lot of
turbulence as the new water flows into the tank.  I know it doesn't do a
perfect "de-gassing" job, but it helps.

G. Kadar