Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #972

Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 16:08:31 -0700
From: Marie-Andree Lemieux <webdsign at malem_com>
Subject: Erytromicin and breeding pairs?

Hi,
I am "blue greened" again!
last summer I nuked the blob using Erythromicin successfully.
It is now back but I have breeding Rams in my thank and another one with a
Discuss breeding pair.
I would like to know if any of you have treated tanks including breeding
fish with Erythromicin and if the fish were ok. I was worried it might
make
them sterile. (maybe a stupid worry but... don't want to take a chance).

thanks
malem

Actually-I have had a little better luck on BG with Kanamicin as rather
than Erythromicin, but I don't know the effect of either on fish or fry.

       Gerry Skau

       All the world's a stage, but the play is badly cast.
         - Oscar Wilde