Re: CDN Universities

In a message dated 4/11/99 3:03:32 AM Central Daylight Time,

<< Having graduated from McGill University (Montreal), I can say with
 confidence that most American's have no idea of the quality of the
 Universities in Canada.  More than once I have been asked:

 "So McGill, that is good school, right?"  harumph!

 Why is it that Canadian seem to have a relatively complete knowledge of the
 schools in the US, and not vice versa?>>

Many of them do, that is why they flock up here in migratory groups, since a
CDN university education is considerably less expensive, and with the buck
the way it is even better for you South of the Border.

I think some of this has to do with other factors as weLL, I travel a lot on
business in the US, and do you think you can get a weather report on Canadian
cities while in Atlanta, or New Jersey, forget it you can get every city in
the world like Seoul etc but not Toronto, Montreal. It seems that their is
nothing North of the 49th parralel if you watch US TV.

Well I graduated from University of Toronto, known by some as the Harvard of
the North. Or should we call Harvard the U of T of the South.

And yes, Toronto also had two consecutive world series wins north of the 49th.

>> Of course, having to shovel our way to classes did cut down on the actual
 instruction time :-)

Went  to Concordia in Montreal as well, and yes missed a few days for having
to shovel that white stuff.

John
Toronto, ON