Purple Waffle and Aluminum Plant

Hello all,

     My local Petsmart is now offering a plant called "Purple Waffle".
The undersides of each leaf are purple.  The main stem of the plant is
prickly,
similar to Okra, tomatoes, etc, many terrestrial plants and vegetables.
Does anyone know the scientific name of this plant?  Is it aquatic?
     I have also noticed "Aluminum Plants" available from time to time.  The
leaves
of this plant have silvery patches of color near the center.  Does anyone have
experience with either of these plants?

Thanks,
Andrew