Re: Jobe's or not

Jason Miller writes:
> I just set up a new tank with Flourite for substrate (1/2 - 1" layer
> of sand  on top) and am wondering if I should add Jobe's spikes for
> ferns.  I added them in my last plant tank (with soil substrate) and the
> sword, crypts and apons. all took off.  Will I need the Jobe's for the
> N-P-K?

I think you should try it for a while without the extra fertilization
and then tell us if the plants put on a growth spurt after you add some
later on! What do you think will happen?? ;-)

Only you can decide subjectively if the additional growth is something
which YOU need. :-)

Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/