What do you fill a bubble counter with?

Hi All!

I made a DIY bubble counter for my CO2 system, and up to this point have filled
it with DI water.  However, I was wondering if there are any other suitable
materials that don't evaporate or add something toxic to the CO2 stream that can
be used as a substitute?  I don't have to refill it all that often, about once
every 3 weeks or so, but was wondering if anyone uses anything different as a
substitute?  What does Dupla recommend to fill their bubble counter with?  I was
thinking of using mineral oil, or something else along those lines. Does anyone
know of any reason I wouldn't want to use mineral oil?  What about glycerin?  Any
problems with that?

Thanks,

Jay Bickford
Savage, MN