Re: Currents in plant tanks

Morgan <silicon at execpc_com> writes:

> I'd like to know the advantages and disadvantages of creating current in
> a planted tank via a small submerged powerhead. Wouldn't this help with
> nutrient/temperature circulation?

Yes. Especially CO2 which is used by plants in relatively high amounts
(compared to the other nutrients). Use circulation; it is good for the
plants. Avoid surface disturbance if you are injecting CO2. If you are
not injecting CO2, then circulation and aeration are very important to
providing ambient CO2 for the plants.

Steve Pushak                              Vancouver, BC, CANADA

Visit "Steve's Aquatic Page"      http://home.infinet.net/teban/