Gordon's European wiring colors

Hey Gordon,

     I believe Chris is correct.  Brown is hot, blue is neutral, and
green/yellow is earth ground.  I recently wired my ballast and I couldn't
find an ac cord.  I finally
found one, but the wires were brown,(hot) blue,(neutral) and
green/yellow.(GND)  I confirmed this with an ohmeter.  For safety's sake, I
must recommend that you take the cover off and confirm this.  Being
electrocuted by the 120 VAC mains
is not a pleasant experience, to say the least.

Andrew
                 P.S:  Bob, you're going to kill him!! : )
     Brown may be chassis ground for a Volkswagen, but not in this case.