Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #940

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, ChuckW wrote:

[snip]

> water-
> 6.8 Ph stable (tap comes out at 7.2), 80ppm total alk., no amonia,no nitrite,
> 10-15ppm nitrate. I've ordered a kh test kit, so as soon as I get it I'll let
> ya'll know what that reading is.

KH and alkalinity are the same thing.  If your alkalinity kit is about
right and your KH kit reads in whole degrees then you should have 5
degrees KH.  More accurately, about 4.5 degrees. KH.  If the alkalinity
kit is rounding up quite a bit then the KH kit could come in as low as 4
degrees.

Roger Miller