Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #934

Actually that may not be the worst thing that happens. Going gangbusters with
the yeast concoction could be lethal given the wrong water supply.

Those who are blessed with water that's rock solid for pH could go full speed
ahead. For my water conditions, even limping along can cause dangerous pH
crashes (even fish that can stand low pH of <5 hide). Even half portions of
yeast in my reactors can yield dangerously low pH levels.

In any case, full speed ahead can be dangerous. I'm with the "start small and
work your way up to optimum level crowd".

Susan