Reef calcium?

My water has almost no GH, and I have leftover Sea Chem Reef Calcium
from when this tank was used as a mini-reef.  Is there any reason not to
use some of this to increase Ca++ levels in my tank?  The active
ingredient, according to the label, is Calcium EDTA gluconate.

Related query:  Could low GH be the reason that my pygmy chain swords,
while putting out a zillion runners and new plants, are yellowish and
losing leaves on the older plants?  Substrate is Flourite with Tetra
initial sticks, supplemented with Flourish and Fluorish iron.  Nitrates
are <10, ammonia 0, pH 6.8-7.2, DIY CO2, 80W fluorescents over a 40
gallon tank.

TIA,
Hallie Ray
King George, VA