Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #922

Hello Daniel,

Where do you live? I would like to consider moving to your soft-water
area! :-)

I don't think that the directions you lost were talking about adding
LIME (CaO), but limeSTONE (CaCO3). Just place some marble chips in your
filter and you will increase *both* total hardness and alkalinity (KH).
(Keep testing dayly, then remove the chips.)

Adding calcium chloride (CaCl2) will increase your total hardness in a
hurry, but will do nothing to alkalinity and will seriously drop pH.

Best,

George