Re: Microworms (was APD V3 #920

Hello Bob,

What are you using as your microworm substrate?

I use enriched corn meal ("Indian Head Old Fashioned Stone Ground Yellow
Corn Meal"), wetted with boiled (not boiling!) water and a "pinch" of
dry Feischman's yeast. The cultures produce for up to 3 months. There
are live worms in the culture for months after that.

Cooked corn meal produces a faster initial growth of microworms, but
does not last that long.

Best,

George