RE: Reliability of Test Kits for Iron

Zon Hisham is worried about the accuracy of his HACH Iron Test Kit.

>I have problem to conclude the validity of measuring chelated iron with
>Hach test kit.

Zon, what it all boils down to is that chelated Iron (the form that we dose
our aquariums with) is not all that easy to measure using hobbyist grade
test kits, even expensive ones. In my experience, if you can get even a hint
of a color change on an Iron test kit you should be OK - don't sweat it if
you can't see exactly "0.1 ppm". It is much easier to learn  to look at your
plants and let them tell you when to increase/decrease your Iron
supplementation.

James Purchase
Toronto