RE: Yeast in a Microworm Culture?

Bob Dixon wrote...

>If I introduced this "wine yeast" into a microworm culture, do you suppose
the
>wine yeast would take over and keep the culture going a little longer?
Mine
>last a month, and if I let them go a full five weeks, they are dead.  Maybe
>could get a "time buffer" in my worms for when I screw up?

You've lost me here Bob. It's been years since I've cultured microworms -
are they sensitive to alcohol? Where is the alcohol in their culture coming
from?

The "wine yeast" is supposed to be more tolerant of high alcohol content
than "baking yeast" and so should last longer in a Yeast-Sugar CO2
generator, but why would you want to add it to a microworm culture? Is it
food for the microworms?

James Purchase
Toronto